News & Events
Terms and Conditions
The content (content being images, text, sound and video files, programs and scripts) of this website is copyright © FOMPHC Committee. All rights expressly reserved. You agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to the content and not to remove or alter any such notice or restriction.
Acceptable use policy
The content of this website can be accessed, printed and downloaded in an unaltered form (altered including being stretched, compressed, coloured or altered in any way so as to distort content from its original proportions or format) with copyright acknowledged, on a temporary basis for personal study that is not for a direct or indirect commercial use and any non-commercial use. Any content printed or downloaded may not be sold, resold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of FOMPHC, including but not limited to:
- transmission by any method
- storage in any medium, system or program
- display in any form
- hire, lease, rental or loan, or any other form of exploitation
Other than expressly permitted by the terms and conditions specific to individual services, you may not, without the prior written consent of the FOMPHC, systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the website, including but not limited to the utilisation of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this website create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this website, including but not limited to, our prices and product/service listings.
You agree not to:
- impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use, or create a false identity or e-mail address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origin of any communications;
- make available, or upload, files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you or collect information about others (eg names/addresses) without their prior consent;
- damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the website or any of the services delivered through such website or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality;
- publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or other unlawful or objectionable material or information;
- threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt, cause inconvenience or distress or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use the content or the website for any illegal or improper purpose,
- make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software.
Requests for permission to reproduce material from this website should be sent via the online contact form here.
FOMPHC has made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge copyright owners and wishes to be informed by any copyright owners who are not properly identified and acknowledged on this website so that we may make any necessary corrections.
Please send a statement of why you believe the material to be on the site without consent. A statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for the rights owner In the event of a dispute, the image will be removed whilst it is investigated.
Other individuals and organisations wishing to make FOMPHC content accessible through their websites are encouraged to create hypertext links to the required content on this website.
From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of the library. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
Data protection statement
In using and submitting forms on this website you agree that FOMPHC may use any personal data of yours that you supply through the forms. The FOMPHC respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data:
- FOMPHC will only collect and use your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its services
- FOMPHC may also contact you to obtain feedback on services and any improvements we can make
- you have the right to ask us at any time not to contact you by way of direct marketing
- FOMPHC will not disclose your personal data to any other organisation without your permission.
FOMPHC has prepared the content of this website responsibly and carefully, but disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. This includes, but is not by way of limitation:
- any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose
- any liability for damage to your computer hardware, data, information, materials and business resulting from the information or the lack of information available
- any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information
- any decision made or action taken or not taken in reliance upon the information
- FOMPHC makes no warranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information or that the information may be relied upon for any reason and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, content or legality of any linked site or for that of any subsequent links. FOMPHC makes no warranty that the website service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any defects can be corrected.
- FOMPHC shall not be liable for any losses or damages (including without limitation consequential loss or damage) whatsoever from the use of, or reliance on, the information in its website, or from the use of the Internet generally. Any links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by FOMPHC of any products, services, policies or opinions of the organisation or individual.
These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Those who choose to access this site from outside the United Kingdom are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
What websites do we link to?
FOMPHC experts recommend external web links on the basis of their suitability and usefulness for our users. Selection and addition of links to our website is entirely a matter for FOMPHC and for the FOMPHC alone.
It is not our policy to enter into agreements for reciprocal links.
The inclusion of a link to an organisation's or individual's website does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by FOMPHC of any product, service, policy or opinion of the organisation or individual. The FOMPHC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
What websites will we not link to?
We will not link to websites that contain racist, sexual or misleading content; that promote violence, that are in breach of any UK law, which are otherwise offensive to individuals or to groups of people.
The decision of FOMPHC is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
If you wish to report a concern, please contact the Friends of Met Police Historical Collection here.
Notice and Takedown Policy
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, or is not covered by a limitation or exception in national law, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full bibliographic details of the material.
- The exact and full URL where you found the material.
- Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
Full details of the Terms and Conditions relating to the oral content available on this site are available here.